Thanks for using the link in my Twitter profile. If you’re new to Twitter, read about getting started with Twitter. If you’re deciding whether to follow me, here’s some information about me that might help.
I’m an entrepreneur and internet marketing consultant based in Dublin, Ireland. I speak regularly at online marketing seminars and business events. My specialties include Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), website analytics, conversion optimisation, email marketing and social media marketing.
In my spare time I’m a sports fanatic – I play rugby (normally at hooker), and I love cycling, regularly going abroad on cycling tours. I’m also a geek and a sci-fi fan (who would have thought?).
I maintain several blogs so that people can follow whatever they’re interested in without reading stuff they don’t care about.
- business and internet marketing advice on the WebsiteDoctor blog
- coding, software and geeky blog posts at AMD on software
- sports ranting and raving on the Sport Crazy blog
Do I follow back?
I often (but not always) follow people back on Twitter. All of these things will make it more likely that I follow you:
- you have a blog or website linked from your Twitter profile
- your profile lists your name
- you put some interests/hobbies/bio in your bio
- you talk to other people on your Twitter stream
- you have interesting (and not all self-promotional) links in your stream
- your profile has a photo of a human, preferably you :)
- your profile has a custom background
But the single best way to ensure I follow you is just talk to me via @reply.
Thanks for visiting!